Re: [netmod] escapes - WAS: [Netconf] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6536 (3862)

Jernej Tuljak <jernej.tuljak@mg-soft.si> Fri, 10 January 2014 15:02 UTC

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:01:48 +0100
From: Jernej Tuljak <jernej.tuljak@mg-soft.si>
To: Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@nic.cz>
Cc: netmod@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netmod] escapes - WAS: [Netconf] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6536 (3862)

I've read that section a couple of times now and I now agree with Martin
that "\*" is currently equivalent to '\*'. My reading would probably be
correct if there was no second comma in the text I quoted. Oh, well...

    Within a double-quoted string (enclosed within " "), a backslash
    character may introduce a special character, which depends on the
    character that immediately follows the backslash:

would be better, no?

Jernej