Re: [netmod] Schema-mount question: Augmentation to the Mounted Module

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Fri, 16 June 2017 12:38 UTC

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 14:38:19 +0200
To: xufeng.liu.ietf@gmail.com
Cc: lhotka@nic.cz, lberger@labn.net, draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount@ietf.org, netmod@ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [netmod] Schema-mount question: Augmentation to the Mounted Module

"Xufeng Liu" <xufeng.liu.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,

I see.  Note that the analogy doesn't quite work, since there is no
requirement that the mounted module is even present in the parent
schema.  It has been suggested before that the term "mount" is
unfortunate...  Anyway, I think we can clarify that there is really no
relation between the parent schema and mounted modules, maybe like
this:

  The modules that are mounted under a mount point has no relation to
  the modules in the parent schema; specifically, if a module is
  mounted it may or may not be present in the parent schema.

/martin