[newtrk] newtrk milestone done?

sob@harvard.edu (Scott Bradner) Wed, 15 December 2004 14:20 UTC

To: newtrk@lists.uoregon.edu
Subject: [newtrk] newtrk milestone done?
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:21:39 -0500
From: sob@harvard.edu
Sender: owner-newtrk@lists.uoregon.edu

the newtrk charter includes the milestone:
Dec 04 	Determine if there is consensus to proceed with a new document
	series to describe and define individual IETF technology standards

it is my reading (as chair) of the discussion that the group has
reached consensus that this is something we want to do - please
let the list know if you disagree  (if we agree I will then ask that
this milestone be marked done and change the date for the documentation
milestone to after the summer 2005 IETF meeting to give enough time
to finalize the consensus on the details and to test things out by
defining some ISDs.

the charter also has the milestone:
Dec 04 	If the consensus was to create a new RFC cleanup process
	then submit an ID describing the process to IESG for publication
	as a BCP RFC

a while back we determined that there was consensus to proceed with
describing a cleanup process - I exchanged email with the authors
(and AD) about the timing of the description document and we agreed that
the proposed process should be tested before its codified so I'm
requesting that the milestone be reset to Aug 05 - that should give
enough time to run at least one cycle of the process proposed in
draft-ietf-newtrk-cruft-00.txt

Scott
.
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html