Re: Decruft schedule (Re: [newtrk] updated newtrk agenda)

Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi> Mon, 01 November 2004 10:53 UTC

Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:40:02 +0200
From: Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
To: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
cc: scott bradner <sob@harvard.edu>, newtrk@lists.uoregon.edu
Subject: Re: Decruft schedule (Re: [newtrk] updated newtrk agenda)
Sender: owner-newtrk@lists.uoregon.edu

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>> cruft
>>         should we decruft - chair                               10
>>         decrufting details - Lear/Alvestrand                    25
>>         reading: draft-ietf-newtrk-cruft-00.txt
>
> If the consensus of the room is the same as in San Diego and we
> should decruft, I will propose to the room that we send out a Last
> Call for the document right after the meeting, with no further
> changes or debate - either for Experimental procedure under
> draft-klensin-process-july14 or for straight-out BCP status.
>
> I believe the value of getting this going is larger than the value of further
> debate on the details.

IMHO, we should issue a show-of-hands or some other kind of consensus
process on whether the people feel that the reasons why particular
documents were considered 'crufty' should be documented in RFCs or
not.

.
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html