[nfsv4] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-03: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Wed, 09 January 2019 22:00 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update@ietf.org, Spencer Shepler <spencer.shepler@gmail.com>, nfsv4-chairs@ietf.org, spencer.shepler@gmail.com, nfsv4@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 14:00:53 -0800
Subject: [nfsv4] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-03: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update/

COMMENT:

General: I don't expect a change in approach this late in the process, but I
think the approach of this update (replacing, inserting, and updating sections
in the updated RFC) is pretty unfriendly to the readers. This would make sense
if we actually rendered patched versions of updated RFCs, but we do not. This
leaves readers to flip back and forth to figure out the context of each update.

§1: s/"which enables"/"that enables"

§5.1 Does "updated introduction" to section 8.4 mean the same as "replaces
section 8.4, but not it's subsections?"

§5.2.2 (and other sections that add a new subsection to 8.4). Are these assumed
to be inserted in a particular location under 8.4? That is, can you state the
new section numbers? Otherwise the reader is left to guess where these would be
inserted.

§6: What is meant by "outside section 8"?