Re: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues-01.txt

karen deitke <karen.deitke@oracle.com> Thu, 15 September 2016 18:58 UTC

To: David Noveck <davenoveck@gmail.com>
From: karen deitke <karen.deitke@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:58:13 -0600
Cc: "nfsv4@ietf.org" <nfsv4@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtissues-01.txt

Thanks,

That clears things up.  Next question, are you saying that an RDMA_WRITE
is NOT an internode round trip and an RDMA_READ is an internode round
trip, because we have to wait for the data from the RDMA_READ before
proceeding, where with the RDMA_WRITE we do not need to wait? (i.e.
sections 2.2 and 2.3)

Karen