RE: [nfsv4] Re: NFSv4 ACL and POSIX interaction / mask, draft-ietf-nfsv4-acls-00 not ready

"Noveck, Dave" <Dave.Noveck@netapp.com> Wed, 19 July 2006 01:49 UTC

Subject: RE: [nfsv4] Re: NFSv4 ACL and POSIX interaction / mask, draft-ietf-nfsv4-acls-00 not ready
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:48:54 -0400
From: "Noveck, Dave" <Dave.Noveck@netapp.com>
To: Sam Falkner <Sam.Falkner@Sun.COM>
Cc: Lisa Week <Lisa.Week@Sun.COM>, nfsv4@ietf.org, "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@fieldses.org>, nfs@lists.sourceforge.net, Spencer Shepler <spencer.shepler@Sun.COM>, "Pawlowski, Brian" <beepy@netapp.com>, Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@suse.de>

It seems like this is what most users would want.  It doesn't seem to
match what is specified in section 3.16.6.3 of draft-03.  That says
the acl is modified when you change the mode.

What does solaris do if you do a chmod specifying a numeric mode
whose value is the same as would be set by doing a chomod +s?  Does
that change the ACL?