RE: [NGO] Proposed Re-charting of NETCONF WG (was NEE)

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Wed, 10 October 2007 09:04 UTC

Subject: RE: [NGO] Proposed Re-charting of NETCONF WG (was NEE)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:03:24 +0200
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Sharon Chisholm <schishol@nortel.com>, ngo@ietf.org

Sharon,

I would suggest that you try to draw the line and issue a new version of
the re-charter proposal which I would like to discuss in the IESG
telechat on 10/18. If it passes the IESG it will be sent for review to
the whole IETF. We can expect more comments and need to do more changes
following these discussions.

My opinion is that we need to focus on the protocol extensions working
on the assumptions that a data modeling language effort will start
happening in parallel if the YANG BOF will be successful. Data models
definition and examples as needed should be in the meantime included in
the I-Ds same as we have done until now.

I prefer to minimize the number of work items. Personally I am not
convinced that NETCONF monitoring is a high priority item, but take this
as a contributor opinion. On the other hand I think that NETCONF over
TLS has gathered enough support and is in line with the current work.

Also, please include the notifications related text and milestones that
need to be completed in the re-chartering proposal, so that we can start
to operate with one charter at a time.

The sooner you can send this proposal the better, to be able to catch
the 10/18 slot in the IESG.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan