Re: Visual navigation possibilities with GopherVR for Macintosh and Unix

Steve Foster <foster@cs.unr.edu> Tue, 04 April 1995 17:10 UTC

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 1995 11:57:44 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Steve Foster <foster@cs.unr.edu>
To: nir@mailbase.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Visual navigation possibilities with GopherVR for Macintosh and Unix

On Apr 3,  2:52am, Jill Foster wrote:
} Subject: Visual navigation possibilities with GopherVR for Macintosh and U
} From nir-request@mailbase.ac.uk Sun Apr  2 19:47:22 1995
}
} I know many of you have moved to WWW - but gopher and WWW keep
} leap-frogging each other. This announcement of GopherVR for Macintosh and
} Unix *enables* possibilities for visual navigation through the information
} space. There was a guy from BT at last year's user support workshop that
} talked about the BT (British Telecom for the non-UK members) research
} dept's work on visual navigation as an alternative method of displaying
} relationships between information.
}
} Sorry for the cross-posting - just trying to get some discussion going
} here. Anyone on these (quiet :-( ) lists working in this sort of area?
} Would be good to see some examples of what is possible.
}
} -- Jill

Jill et al -  I have been working on a first version of "veronica for
GopherVR" this weekend.  First alpha-minus demo may be running by end
of the week.

- Steven Foster

}