[nmrg] sming changes review

Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@iu-bremen.de> Fri, 19 September 2003 13:05 UTC

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:05:26 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@iu-bremen.de>
To: nmrg@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Subject: [nmrg] sming changes review
Sender: nmrg-admin@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de

I finally managed to check the July changes of the SMIng specs. Things
really look pretty good, just a few nits mostly related to the SNMP
mapping document <draft-irtf-nmrg-sming-snmp-03>:

a) In the type mapping table in section 3, we may want to add the note
   (2) to the TimeTicks64 mapping or even better not list this mapping at
   all since a TimeTicks64 is just an Unsigned64 and thus mapped as any
   other type derived from Unsigned64.

b) In section 4.4.4.2, change "concatination" to "concatenation".

c) In section 4.4.4.5, change "refereneces" to "references".

d) In section 4.7.8, we might want to refer to RFC 3418 explicitly,
   that is change:

     The compliance statement contained in the SNMPv2-MIB, converted to
     SMIng:

     The compliance statement contained in the SNMPv2-MIB [RFC3418],
     converted to SMIng:

e) In the acknowledgements, you list the people who were in
   Kleinheubach except Keith. Is this an omission or did he not want
   to be listed? Shall we check with him again?

z) I think we should drop the reference to the SMIng to COPS-PR
   mapping document from the SMIng documents for the time being.

Frank, it would be nice if you can make the edits and post the result
as new IDs. I will then start a three week last call on the NMRG list
where we accept final comments. I will also ask (and this time for the
very last time) whether there is someone interested in updating the
COPS-PR mapping.

/js
--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany