RE: [NSIS] ntlp drafts differences

"Hancock, Robert" <robert.hancock@roke.co.uk> Thu, 31 July 2003 12:17 UTC

From: "Hancock, Robert" <robert.hancock@roke.co.uk>
To: 'Tschofenig Hannes' <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com>, 'Thanh Tra LUU' <luu@enst.fr>, Kappler Cornelia <cornelia.kappler@siemens.com>
Cc: nsis@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [NSIS] ntlp drafts differences
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:15:36 +0100
Sender: nsis-admin@ietf.org

hi hannes,

it would certainly be interesting to know why RSVP 2747 is specified
that way. (A naive assumption would be that a receiver could generate
a PathErr with the appropriate error code. I don't see how doing that
would open up new security issues compared to those that already exist,
but I haven't thought about it very hard.)

r.