[NSIS] Re: [Tsvwg] Draft Liaision response to SG13 on Emergency Telecommunications

Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com> Tue, 31 July 2007 15:34 UTC

To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
From: Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:34:17 -0400
Cc: sip@ietf.org, IETF SIPPING WG <sipping@ietf.org>, tsvwg <tsvwg@ietf.org>, NSIS <nsis@ietf.org>
Subject: [NSIS] Re: [Tsvwg] Draft Liaision response to SG13 on Emergency Telecommunications

Magnus,

You might want to add-

draft-polk-tsvwg-signaled-domain-id-00.txt
and
draft-polk-ecrit-local-emergency-rph-namespace-01.txt

(Both were on the agenda and discussed.)

And maybe
draft-carlberg-trip-attribute-rp-02

(though I did not see it on the agenda)

Janet

PS,

My spelling checker says "Liaision" should be "Liaison", but it may be a
US centric dictionary.
Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> wrote on 07/31/2007
11:21:20 AM:

> Hi
>
> This is the draft for a liaison response to be sent to SG 13 of the
> ITU-T from the TSVWG, NSIS, SIP and SIPPING WGs. Please provide any
> comments at the latest by the 14th of August. After that we will address

> any raised comments and send the liaison to ITU-T before the end of
August.

> [...]

>     This document defines two new Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
>     header fields for communicating resource priority, namely,
>     "Resource-Priority" and "Accept-Resource-Priority".  The
>     "Resource-Priority" header field can influence the behavior of SIP
>     user agents (such as telephone gateways and IP telephones) and SIP
>     proxies.  It does not directly influence the forwarding behavior of
>     IP routers.
>

> SIPPING Working Group
>
>     The below two documents are proposed work items not yet accepted as
>     IETF WG items but are likely of interest as they update RFC 4412.
>
> Work In Progress:   draft-polk-sip-rph-in-responses-00
>
> Title:
>     Allowing SIP Resource Priority Header in SIP Responses
>
> Abstract:
>     The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Resource Priority Header
>     (RPH), in its current form, is ignored in SIP responses.  This was a
>     design choice during RFC 4412's development. This is now considered
>     a bad design choice in certain scenarios.  This document corrects
>     RFC 4412's communications model by optionally allowing a SIP server
>     or user agent client to process the Resource-Priority Header in a
>     response.
>
> Work In Progress:   draft-polk-sip-rph-new-namespaces--00
>
> Title:
>     New Session Initiation Protocol Resource-Priority Header Namespaces
>     for the Defense Information Systems Agency
>
> Abstract:
>     This document creates additional Session Initiation Protocol
>     Resource-Priority header namespaces, to be IANA registered.  This
>     document intends to update RFC 4412, as a Proposed Standard document
>     if published by the RFC-Editor.
>
> IEPREP Working Group
>
> RFC 3487
>
> Title:
>     Requirements for Resource Priority Mechanisms for the
>     Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
>
> Abstract:
>     This document summarizes requirements for prioritizing access to
>     circuit-switched network, end system and proxy resources for
>     emergency preparedness communications using the Session Initiation
>     Protocol (SIP).
>
> RFC 3689
>
> Title:
>     General Requirements for
>     Emergency Telecommunication Service (ETS)
>
> Abstract:
>     This document presents a list of general requirements in support of
>     Emergency Telecommunications Service (ETS).  Solutions to these
>     requirements are not presented in this document.  Additional
>     requirements pertaining to specific applications, or types of
>     applications, are to be specified in separate document(s).
>
> RFC 3690
>
> Title:
>     IP Telephony Requirements for
>     Emergency Telecommunication Service (ETS)
>
> Abstract:
>     This document presents a list of requirements in support of
Emergency