Re: [NSIS] Pending issue secdir review ofdraft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-13.txt

Ali Fessi <ali.fessi@uni-tuebingen.de> Tue, 19 June 2007 12:40 UTC

Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:40:32 +0200
From: Ali Fessi <ali.fessi@uni-tuebingen.de>
To: Martin Stiemerling <stiemerling@netlab.nec.de>
Subject: Re: [NSIS] Pending issue secdir review ofdraft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-13.txt
Cc: "<john.loughney@nokia.com>" <john.loughney@nokia.com>, nsis@ietf.org

Hi Martin,

yes, I agree. The security section contains some text about security
threats that is about 3 years old. It is necessary to update it.

I can go through this section again when you are done with re-writing it.

Cheers,
  Ali

Martin Stiemerling wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Yes I will be able to do this, I just want some feedback if the WG is
> fine with it.
>
> I also see this as the right approach, i.e., narrowing the security
> section down to the real issues that are still valid. Some of the issues
> are more less GIST issues which have been described in GIST itself.
>
> The current security section has grown over time, which is quite common
> for older drafts.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Martin
>
> Am 18.06.2007 um 17:19 schrieb <john.loughney@nokia.com
> <mailto:john.loughney@nokia.com>> <john.loughney@nokia.com
> <mailto:john.loughney@nokia.com>>:
>
>> Martin,
>>
>> When do you think you will be able to do this? I agree that this is the
>> right thing to do.
>>
>> John

Ali Fessi
Computer Networks and Internet
University of Tuebingen, Germany
Phone: +49 7071 29-70576 / Fax: +49 7071 29-5220
EMail: ali.fessi@uni-tuebingen.de
Web: http://net.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~fessi/