RE: [NSIS] New framework draft: In-Band & Out-of-Band

Zhigang.Kan@nokia.com Fri, 28 June 2002 10:24 UTC

From: Zhigang.Kan@nokia.com
Subject: RE: [NSIS] New framework draft: In-Band & Out-of-Band
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:07:30 +0800
To: robert.hancock@roke.co.uk, nsis@ietf.org
Sender: nsis-admin@ietf.org

Hi Robert,

Till now, I understood the definition of NE. Thank you. :-) It is right that we must have the common understanding of the terms, so we can continue the discussion further.

One more thing, If one/more router(s) on the data path does not support RMF (as you said: if you have a distributed approach to resource management, i guess we would typically expect most nodes would have a resource management responsibility, but there's no requirement for every node to do something with resource management.), how about in this case? Can the QoS of data on this path be affected by these routers?

Next I would like to discuss the relationship of modes of NSIS protocol operation such as how the end-to-end, edge-to-edge, and end-to-edge signaling take effects when the per-flow/per-class-flow traffic is initiated by a host.

Nice weekend.

BR/Kan Zhigang