RE: [ntpwg] slight modification to charter based on comments received

"Odonoghue, Karen F CIV B35-Branch" <karen.odonoghue@navy.mil> Tue, 15 February 2005 03:09 UTC

Subject: RE: [ntpwg] slight modification to charter based on comments received
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:09:17 -0600
From: "Odonoghue, Karen F CIV B35-Branch" <karen.odonoghue@navy.mil>
To: Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>
Cc: ntpwg@ntp.isc.org, mills@udel.edu

That was my original understanding (and my preference), but upon
examination of the id-tracker, I came to a different conclusion.
I prefer the first and am happy to go with it.

> > Pursue a more robust standards track SNTP specification as
> > part of the NTPv4 protocol specification.
>
> I think this would then be your first work item.

Right, and the thought is that the SNTP informational RFC would be
incorporated into the NTP protocol specification - one of the first
two documents we will be focusing on.

> > I have pulled the comments from the IESG out of the id-tracker and
> > attached them below.
>
> These comments were the result of the IESG review of draft-mills. The
> IESG intends to notify the RFC Editor that the document can be
> published and that publication of the document does not conflict with
> this WG. It is then between the RFC Editor (and the author) how the
> IESG comments are to be resolved (per RFC 3932).

Good.

> It is also my understanding that the RFC Editor has been working with
> Dave Mills and that version 01 is in the works (or has already been
> done) that addresses most of the issues that were raised in the IESG
> review.
>
> Thomas

Thanks for clarifying this.