[ntpwg] Re: Reworded Algorithm Draft

"William Kasch" <william.kasch@gmail.com> Thu, 20 April 2006 14:24 UTC

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:24:27 -0400
From: William Kasch <william.kasch@gmail.com>
To: Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s@rad.com>, ntpwg@lists.ntp.isc.org, jack.burbank@jhuapl.edu, brian.haberman@jhuapl.edu, "Odonoghue, Karen F CIV B35-Branch" <karen.odonoghue@navy.mil>
Subject: [ntpwg] Re: Reworded Algorithm Draft

Yaakov,

In light of your observations, some help rewording the draft from the entire
group is requested.  Furthermore, based on your recommendations, I submit
that we follow the following process for "rewording":

1.  Completely remove all descriptive text that could be related back to the
book (essentially most of the verbiage in the document)
2.  Provide state machine and variables list only
3.  Reference the book heavily for more descriptive algorithm
documentation.

There isn't any way around this if what you're saying is true.  I'd be happy
to take other suggestions if anyone has any, as well as integrate any other
rewording of the document that anyone else would like to provide.  If not,
I'm proceeding this way for the 02 revision.

Thanks,
Bill Kasch