Re: [nvo3] draft-drake-nvo3-evpn-control-plane

John E Drake <jdrake@juniper.net> Mon, 24 September 2012 14:50 UTC

From: John E Drake <jdrake@juniper.net>
To: "NAPIERALA, MARIA H" <mn1921@att.com>, "nvo3@ietf.org" <nvo3@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 07:45:46 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [nvo3] draft-drake-nvo3-evpn-control-plane

Maria,

Do you have any basis for your assertion that "In data centers where most traffic is inter-VLAN..."?

In any event, the VM Mobility draft (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raggarwa-data-center-mobility-03) describes how routing support of VM mobility can be achieved using E-VPN in conjunction with the judicious use of host routes and/or NHRP.  I.e., no new protocols other than E-VPN are required.

This material will be incorporated into a subsequent version of http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bitar-datacenter-vpn-applicability-01

Yours irrespectively,

John