Re: [OAUTH-WG] Mandatory to Implement & Interoperability

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Thu, 08 December 2011 15:17 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 17:17:05 +0200
To: Michael Thomas <mike@mtcc.com>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org WG" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Mandatory to Implement & Interoperability

Hi Mike,

I guess we are on the same page with regard to discovery/negotiation. I do not care so much how it is implemented as long it is there.

While certain libraries may implement everything I don't think it is reasonable to assume that every deployment will have every functionality implemented. I would be super surprised. Even on a server with enough storage this is not a viable option. On constrained devices this is certainly not possible and our story cannot be built on such an assumption.

Ciao
hannes