Re: [OAUTH-WG] A Proposal for Dynamic Registration

Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org> Mon, 12 August 2013 14:19 UTC

Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:09:04 -0400
From: Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org>
To: Leif Johansson <leifj@mnt.se>
Cc: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] A Proposal for Dynamic Registration

I think it's very important that we put *some* stake in the ground for
the likes of OIDC, BB+, UMA, and the other higher-level protocols and
systems that are looking toward us for Dyn Reg now. They weren't,
previously -- all of these had mutually incompatible registration
systems, but the work we've done so far with Dyn Reg has made a system
that everyone can use. If we don't declare a baseline, and do so soon,
then I fully believe that these groups will either fracture
unnecessarily, or they'll ignore the IETF. Or both. I'll leave it to the
chairs to decide if this gets tagged "experimental" or "standards", but
I think that we're doing the world a disservice by not shipping what we
have.

  -- Justin