[OAUTH-WG] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-oauth-amr-values-07: (with COMMENT)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Mon, 13 March 2017 15:27 UTC

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 08:27:37 -0700
Cc: oauth-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-oauth-amr-values@ietf.org, oauth@ietf.org
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-oauth-amr-values-07: (with COMMENT)

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-amr-values-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-amr-values/

COMMENT:

Thanks for clarifying that amr represents classes of auth methods and
not (always) individual methods, that all makes more sense now;-)

I think you might usefully add the phrase "classes of" (or similar) to
the draft in a few places to help folks understand that, in particular,
I spotted two places where I think something like that'd be good:

1. in the definition, I'd suggest:

OLD:

 amr
      OPTIONAL.  Authentication Methods References.  JSON array of
      strings that are identifiers for authentication methods used in
      the authentication.

NEW:

 amr
      OPTIONAL.  Authentication Methods References.  JSON array of
      strings that are identifiers for classes of authentication methods
used in
      the authentication.

2. In the IANA considerations and DE guidance, maybe make the name
of the new registry reflect that these are classes, in case someone
gets
confused only having looked at the IANA pages without reading the RFC,
and perhaps point the DE guidance back to the top bit where you explain
this stuff and add "classes of" in a few places in the template to save
the DEs having to explain that over and over to people who just copy
templates.

Thanks,
S.