Re: [OAUTH-WG] WGLC on Assertion Drafts

"Zeltsan, Zachary (Zachary)" <zachary.zeltsan@alcatel-lucent.com> Fri, 13 April 2012 18:55 UTC

From: "Zeltsan, Zachary (Zachary)" <zachary.zeltsan@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: 'Chuck Mortimore' <cmortimore@salesforce.com>, "'Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)'" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>, "'oauth@ietf.org'" <oauth@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:55:18 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] WGLC on Assertion Drafts

Chuck,

The intent is clear. Perhaps the following change would clarify the text:
Old: The Authorization Server MUST validate the assertion in order to establish a mapping between the Issuer and the secret used to generate the assertion.
New: The Authorization Server MUST validate the assertion's signature in order to verify the Issuer of the assertion.

Zachary