Re: [OPSAWG] [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review ofdraft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-05

"Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <mehmet.ersue@nsn.com> Wed, 14 March 2012 10:08 UTC

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:08:49 +0100
From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <mehmet.ersue@nsn.com>
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa.dusseault@gmail.com>
Cc: draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds.all@tools.ietf.org, opsawg@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review ofdraft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-05

Dear Lisa,

thank you for your kind comments.

> I did note that currently active work was not consistently covered.

I think it has been already stated in the document that the document
aims to give an overview of "existing" standards. Only in a few cases
 (if it is near to publication) ongoing work has been mentioned.

> Organizational:
>
> Section 3.9 describes ACAP.  Either ACAP belongs in the general
> purpose protocols (section 2) or another section entirely (perhaps
> together with XCAP in a section on application-layer configuration
> protocols).  In any case, ACAP has been largely superseded by other
> work, which would be useful for readers of this document to know.

We had in an earlier version a specific section for application layer
protocols. The WG decided to resolve this with the aim to get the
structure more flat.

> Section 3.10 describes XCAP.  It is similar to ACAP in the general
> scope of its ambition.
>
> Section 3.2 doesn't seem to fit in Section 3.  I understand Section 3
> to be about application-focused network management protocols and
> mechanisms, whereas section 3.2 does not describe any specific
> protocols or mechanisms, but rather operational guidance.

As the title says Section 3 is not about application-focused management
protocols. It is about a list of protocols and mechanisms with different
focus.

I will take care of the nits below as they are particularly important to
me.

Cheers,
Mehmet