Re: [OPSAWG] [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review ofdraft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-05

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Wed, 14 March 2012 10:53 UTC

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:52:56 +0100
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa.dusseault@gmail.com>, apps-discuss@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds.all@tools.ietf.org, opsawg@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review ofdraft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-05

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your review.

Please allow me to respond to one of your comments.

[[DR]] As you probably know well the OPS Area activities covers
Operations and Management. The scope of this document is as you
correctly point providing an overview of network management standards.
The WGs you mention - ARMD, BMWG, GROW - belong all to the operational
part of the area, none develops network management standards (protocols
or data models). BGP monitoring is realized via a number of means, two
of them are mentioned in the document (the data model in RFC 4273 in
section 4.1.3 and the IPFIX IEs in section 4.2.3).

Regards,

Dan