[OPSAWG] Second Draft update and more input requested for draft-azinger-additional-private-ipv4-space-issues

"Azinger, Marla" <marla.azinger@frontiercorp.com> Tue, 02 February 2010 18:47 UTC

From: "Azinger, Marla" <marla.azinger@frontiercorp.com>
To: "opsawg@ietf.org" <opsawg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:47:56 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: [OPSAWG] Second Draft update and more input requested for draft-azinger-additional-private-ipv4-space-issues

Hi,

We have updated draft-azinger-additional-private-ipv4-space-issues-02 following the very helpful comments we received both on and off-list. In order to get more feedback we are going to solicit feedback from INTAREA and V6OPS in addition to OPSAWG where we have submitted the document.

The changes made on this updated version are summarized below:

1. The abstract has extra text explaining the purpose of the document

2. The section numbering has been changed in-line with Alfred's suggestion

3. The number of unallocated /8s has been updated

4. A reference to the NRO's RIR Policy Comparison Matrix section on transfers has been added in 4.3

5. A reference to draft-davies-reusable-ipv4-address-block has been added in 4.1 and 5.15.

6. Transfer policy work has been attributed to the RIR communities in 4.3, as per Ricardo's note

7. A typo ("of of" to "use of") has been corrected in the 2nd paragraph of 5.1

8. A reference to the IPv4 report page has been added as per Alfred's suggestion

9. We have added extra text on selecting a prefix length for new private space in 5.1

10. We have added extra text on people using parts of the "used" /8s for private space in 5.1

11. We have noted that 1.0.0.0/8 was allocated in January 2010

12. The non RFC and I-D references are now ordered alphabetically

The draft can be found at:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-azinger-additional-private-ipv4-space-issues-02

and there's a diff highlighting the changes:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-azinger-additional-private-ipv4-space-issues-02.txt

Kind regards,

Marla Azinger & Leo Vegoda