Re: [OPSAWG] comments on draft-georgiades-opsawg-intercar-oam-req-00

"Berechya, David (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <david.berechya@nsn.com> Mon, 04 July 2011 13:38 UTC

Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:38:21 +0200
From: "Berechya, David (NSN - IL/Hod HaSharon)" <david.berechya@nsn.com>
To: "ext Weisgrab, Hannes [Lists]" <weisi2@FTW.at>, opsawg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] comments on draft-georgiades-opsawg-intercar-oam-req-00

 Dear Hannes,

Regarding service aspects in OAM: there are OAM in the service level
that monitors the service end-to-end, and OAM in the network level that
monitors the paths that carry many services.

Regarding the scope of the draft: the draft focuses in the special
requirements that the multi carrier scenario raises, e.g.  Reliable
means to the network service providers to prove, in case of failure,
which is the failing transit segment.

Best Regards,
David Berechya