Re: another appoach to OOB LSDB Resynchronization??

Erblichs <erblichs@EARTHLINK.NET> Fri, 04 October 2002 01:14 UTC

Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 18:30:07 -0700
From: Erblichs <erblichs@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject: Re: another appoach to OOB LSDB Resynchronization??
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Vishwas,

        Vishwas, I think there is significantly more work in your
        implimentation than doing what I suggested.

        *** My approach is to fit within the
        understanding of the OSPF protocol.

        And was a "clean slate appoach".

        The temporarily dropping the neighbor field
        and moving to 1-way suggestion is to fit into
        the original concept of the neighbor state
        machine.

        This is a neighbor state machine event.

        Once that particular hello PDU is sent, the
        next hello would then include the "missing
        neighbor field".

        This again is another neighbor state machine
        event.

        Due to the fact, that I have assumed that full
        adjacency has already been reached, then the
        retransmit and the requests lists should be
        empty. Yes, the neighbor timers will restart, etc..

        However, any neighbor state other than full
        state should be applicable for this type of
        change.

        Via the state machine, we should then be able
        to exchange Database Description packets. We then
        can build whatever lists that are then required
        via our normal process to re-synch the our
        LSDBs.

        *** All of this was to suggest
        there is no reason to consume a option bit for
        the reason of the draft RFC.

        One reason why might want to resync?? Lets say
        we have one or more DNA LSAs that were originated
        by someone else. I have seen corruption on
        one or more of these LSAs and don't want to wait
        until the removed LSAs could possilby be re-flooded.

        Mitchell Erblich