Re: another appoach to OOB LSDB Resynchronization??

"Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM> Wed, 02 October 2002 07:06 UTC

Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 03:10:34 -0400
From: "Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM>
Subject: Re: another appoach to OOB LSDB Resynchronization??
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Hi Mitchell,

The draft is an individual submission and is located at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-ospf-oob-resync-01.txt

I am however not too sure how you intend to achieve LSDB resynch without
changing the topology view of the network, because when we get a 1-way
received event we clear all the LS Retransmit List, DB summary list and Link
state request list and goto "Init" state. Are you saying we dont handle the
1-way received event at all? How will the neighbor know when its doing LSDB
resynch and when its not? I would be averse to any change in the FSM though.

A much simpler way to force an LSDB synch however would be to simply start
DB exchange by sending DBD packets with the init bit set(SeqNumberMismatch
event). This would bring the adjacencies to Exstart state(and not to Init as
it would in case of 1-way received), however the topology data would change.
We could as well not change topology if we get SeqNumberMismatch in all
cases for the SeqNumberMismatch event, however I think it would be a major
deviation from the OSPF protocol.

Thanks,
Vishwas