Re: Questions about OSPF v3 security draft

Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM> Tue, 01 March 2005 10:59 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:59:15 -0800
From: Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM>
Subject: Re: Questions about OSPF v3 security draft
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay. I may be wrong as I have not implemented this myself, however my views are as follows: -

If you see the SPD entry the Remote IP Address can be
      "- Remote IP Address(es) (IPv4 or IPv6): this is a list of ranges
        of IP addresses (unicast, anycast, broadcast (IPv4 only), or
                multicast group). "
So for OSPF the Multicast as well as the unicast addresses will be used to refer to an SA.

Next Layer Protocol would say OSPF.

That way we will have just one entry for all OSPF packets out of an interface, just as we want it and a similar entry for inbound traffic. I do not see a case of Full Mesh at all. I may be missing the point.

Thanks,
Vishwas