Re: Questions about OSPF v3 security draft

Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM> Tue, 15 February 2005 04:52 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:01:28 -0800
From: Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM>
Subject: Re: Questions about OSPF v3 security draft
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Mike,

I think both the authors are on leave, so they will probably reply
later.

However regarding the first point, I agree the wording should be
clearer. However what it means is we will use the same crypto-algorithm
and keys for all traffic to a neighbor over an interface.

Regarding the second point, I think I too have brought the issue on this
list and the reply I think was that the draft does not prohibit the use
of IKE for unicast flows.

Thanks,

Vishwas

Fox