Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis-01.txt
"Retana, Alvaro" <alvaro.retana@hp.com> Mon, 02 July 2012 11:16 UTC
Return-Path: <alvaro.retana@hp.com>
X-Original-To: ospf@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: ospf@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id C712421F896B for <ospf@ietfa.amsl.com>; Mon, 2 Jul 2012 04:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -107.156
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-107.156 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[AWL=-1.157, BAYES_00=-2.599, J_CHICKENPOX_61=0.6, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED=-4, USER_IN_WHITELIST=-100]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([12.22.58.30]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id pViuh5xqLY6l for <ospf@ietfa.amsl.com>; Mon, 2 Jul 2012 04:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from g1t0026.austin.hp.com (g1t0026.austin.hp.com [15.216.28.33]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 45A5321F8BDA for <ospf@ietf.org>; Mon, 2 Jul 2012 04:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from G2W1953G.americas.hpqcorp.net (g2w1953g.austin.hp.com [16.238.8.185]) (using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by g1t0026.austin.hp.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id B15B8C1A2; Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:16:43 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from G2W1813G.americas.hpqcorp.net (16.238.8.212) by G2W1953G.americas.hpqcorp.net (16.238.8.185) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 14.2.283.4; Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:15:59 +0000
Received: from G1W3777.americas.hpqcorp.net ([169.254.11.42]) by G2W1813G.americas.hpqcorp.net ([fe80::2d8c:5671:edf9:26b0%12]) with mapi id 14.02.0283.003; Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:15:59 +0000
From: "Retana, Alvaro" <alvaro.retana@hp.com>
To: Shishio Tsuchiya <shtsuchi@cisco.com>, "ospf@ietf.org" <ospf@ietf.org>
Thread-Topic: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis-01.txt
Thread-Index: AQHNVg5HsUaborfKXU2QsMDIg0DSaJcSTL2AgAON5BA=
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:15:58 +0000
Message-ID: <C03AAF38AD209F4BB02BC0A34B774CE707E8EC@G1W3777.americas.hpqcorp.net>
References: <20120629154505.32213.79435.idtracker@ietfa.amsl.com> <4FEE8683.1010706@cisco.com>
In-Reply-To: <4FEE8683.1010706@cisco.com>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
x-originating-ip: [15.217.50.18]
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis-01.txt
X-BeenThere: ospf@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.12
Precedence: list
List-Id: The Official IETF OSPG WG Mailing List <ospf.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/ospf>, <mailto:ospf-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ospf>
List-Post: <mailto:ospf@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:ospf-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf>, <mailto:ospf-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:16:39 -0000
> -----Original Message----- > From: Shishio Tsuchiya [mailto:shtsuchi@cisco.com] > Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:54 AM Shishio: ... > http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis-01#section-4.1 > I think maximum both metric and R-bit should be equivalence in today > and future. > In order to avoid confusing for people,I recommend > -remove the sentence from abstract. > "However, OSPF does not specify a standard way to accomplish this." I will remove that. > -move R-bit to solution from Deployment Considerations > ex.) > 3. Proposed Solution > 3-1.maximum metric > 3-2.R-bit > > What do you think of my recommendation? 3173 is about documenting the MaxLinkMetric approach, which is why we chose to reference the R-bit as other solutions. 3137 is not about comparing or describing the full functionality of the different approaches. Thanks! Alvaro.
- [OSPF] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bi… Shishio Tsuchiya
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Retana, Alvaro
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Acee Lindem
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Retana, Alvaro
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Acee Lindem
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Retana, Alvaro
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Retana, Alvaro
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Acee Lindem
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Retana, Alvaro
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Acee Lindem
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Shishio Tsuchiya
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Acee Lindem
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Shishio Tsuchiya
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Retana, Alvaro
- Re: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis… Shishio Tsuchiya