Re: LSDB Overflow Limitation?

Charles Yi-tung Liang <Charles_Liang@ALPHANETWORKS.COM> Fri, 09 July 2004 05:40 UTC

Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:41:31 +0800
From: Charles Yi-tung Liang <Charles_Liang@ALPHANETWORKS.COM>
Subject: Re: LSDB Overflow Limitation?
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Acee/Mitchell,

Thanks for the advice.

So the goal of this feature should be
"If someone detects overflow event, it
should select (proper) self-originated
LSAs to be prematured."

Again, I'm curious about the limit count.
If the statement above is what we want,
why should we required the limit count
to be consistent in all OSPF routers?
(I know what the cases will be, such as
the problem described in RFC.  I'm asking
about the possible result as I proposed.
Is there any chance to meet this situation?)

Charles