[OSPF] Re: draft-acee-ospf-multi-instance-00

"Vishwas Manral" <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com> Thu, 24 January 2008 19:28 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=1GSLIgPPwGPcVtthy6wtIgurRA6K/YKh88HbC5+elGs=; b=D592mFx2v2t1BLV60RrVjcQ4I2jIEav/65Gku4CZFLKUxHEzVNDrQc+g+2VQas8Kckzb/uIo6YwmBMg8UEtEP0gP5NAXBW8NFLo9/6g6g0ABrbO9t7YlJWhnoUvy1ofd5GQANCDyPX9iEW36x3jTES4RKMEO3AwtXhZDGiYxDzg=
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:28:09 -0800
From: Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com>
To: Acee Lindem <acee@redback.com>
Cc: OSPF List <ospf@ietf.org>
Subject: [OSPF] Re: draft-acee-ospf-multi-instance-00

Hi Acee,

Thanks a lot for the reply. The backward compatibility issue would
come unless there would be the case that the draft would not use
instance ID 0 (when working with a router not supporting the
functionality - where it would be treated as no instance - rather than
a particular instance). May be that could be clarified.

I understand what you mean - but would using LLS (which is now a part
of standards track now) be of any more help?

Thanks again,
Vishwas