Re: [OSPF] Database Exchange Summary List Optimization

Erblichs <erblichs@earthlink.net> Sat, 29 July 2006 00:25 UTC

Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:26:26 -0700
From: Erblichs <erblichs@earthlink.net>
To: Richard Ogier <ogier@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] Database Exchange Summary List Optimization
Cc: OSPF List <ospf@ietf.org>

Richard Ogier,

	I am a periodic insomniac and sometimes I write code in
	the middle of the night.

	I coded a pre-DD exchange mechanism to identify whether two
	routers are (almost) in sync and to request a partial or
	full Database exchange. This was based on some emails
	in the middle of the month.

	Yes, Acee I did re-read the earlier draft and again didn't
	like it based on not predetermining what was out-of-sync and
	thus, being able to reduce the number of header LSAs. I think IFF
	External LSAs are in sync, those headers should not be exchanged.
	In many envs, if that is the case the majority of LSA headers
	would not be exchanged.

	I was contemplating writing a quick RFC and wanted to know whether
	you would first comment on the doc before submiting it as a
	experimental RFC later in the week.

	Mitchell Erblich