Re: Restart signaling, DR/BDR, and RouterDeadInterval

"Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM> Fri, 10 May 2002 17:43 UTC

Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:42:46 -0400
From: "Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM>
Subject: Re: Restart signaling, DR/BDR, and RouterDeadInterval
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Mitchell,

I guess the "restart signaling" draft is now located at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-00.txt

Though Alex, or some other draft author would give the exact details, I
think this draft does not bother about keeping DR state, so if a DR router
goes down, and comes up it may no longer be the DR after the DR election.
Things I guess work as per the base RFC2328.

Acee,

Thanks for the information. (However I don't remember asking a question
related to this. ;-))

Thanks,
Vishwas