[OSPF] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-20

Mehmet Ersue <mersue@gmail.com> Mon, 08 January 2018 19:07 UTC

From: Mehmet Ersue <mersue@gmail.com>
To: ops-dir@ietf.org
Cc: ospf@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend.all@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 11:07:19 -0800
Subject: [OSPF] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-20

Reviewer: Mehmet Ersue
Review result: Ready

I reviewed the document "OSPFv3 LSA Extendibility"
(draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-20.txt) as part of the Operational
directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by
the IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
operational area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

Intended status: Standards Track
Current IESG state: In Last Call (ends 2018-01-11)
IANA State: IANA - Review Needed
Updates RFC 5340 (OSPF for IPv6) and RFC 5838 (Support of Address Families in
OSPFv3)

existing OSPFv3 LSA information in Type-Length-Value (TLV) tuples and allowing
advertisement of additional information with additional TLVs.  The document
provides backward compatibility mechanisms.

There are no relevant nits in the document.

I believe the document does not cause any issues related to operations and
management. It has a clear language and looks ready for publication.

Mehmet