Re: [P2PSIP] Next steps on draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04

Dean Willis <dean.willis@softarmor.com> Mon, 23 April 2007 18:51 UTC

From: Dean Willis <dean.willis@softarmor.com>
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] Next steps on draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:51:22 -0500
To: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@mcsr-labs.org>

On Apr 20, 2007, at 4:26 PM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> Dear P2PSIP Concepts and Terminology draft authors,
>
> I'm looking at draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04 and seeing
>
> 9.  Open Issues
>
>   Here are some open issues in this document:
>
>   1.  The word "service" is being overloaded to refer both to what the
>       overlay provides (distributed location service, distributed
>       transport service) and what an individual peer or client
>       provides.  How can we fix this?

I can give it a try -- will be looking at the next round of editing.

>   2.  Does P2PSIP provide a distributed location service or an
>       alternative mechanism to RFC 3263?  The answer seems to be both,
>       but what is the relationship between these?

The distributed location service is an alternative to RFC 3263.

> Does this look like your current open issues list, post-Prague? I'm
> almost sure we have an open issue about clients, for instance...

Good question. Top of my to-do list (after figuring out how to feed
myself and pay my creditors) is assembling he list of things I want
to tackle in the next rev.

> How do you/we plan to move forward on this draft?

I'll take the token for the next editing pass.

It has been suggested that we do something like a wiki or issue
tracker for capturing and tracking open issues. I'm planning an OS
upgrade on the softarmor site, so I might roll in wiki support when I
do that.

--
Dean