Re: [P2PSIP] Next steps on draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04

"Eunsoo Shim" <eunsooshim@gmail.com> Sat, 21 April 2007 12:53 UTC

Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:53:04 -0400
From: Eunsoo Shim <eunsooshim@gmail.com>
To: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@mcsr-labs.org>
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] Next steps on draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04

The authors and the chairs are discussing about designating one person as
the editor of the draft. Once the editor is designated, I think the authors
and the editor are going to work on those issues.

On 4/20/07, Spencer Dawkins <spencer@mcsr-labs.org> wrote:

> Dear P2PSIP Concepts and Terminology draft authors,
>
> I'm looking at draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-04 and seeing
>
> 9.  Open Issues
>
>    Here are some open issues in this document:
>
>    1.  The word "service" is being overloaded to refer both to what the
>        overlay provides (distributed location service, distributed
>        transport service) and what an individual peer or client
>        provides.  How can we fix this?
>
>    2.  Does P2PSIP provide a distributed location service or an
>        alternative mechanism to RFC 3263?  The answer seems to be both,
>        but what is the relationship between these?

The function described in RFC3263 is a subset of the distributed location
service, I believe.

Does this look like your current open issues list, post-Prague? I'm almost
> sure we have an open issue about clients, for instance...
>
> How do you/we plan to move forward on this draft?

Thanks.

Eunsoo