[P2PSIP] 答复: Comments on draft-peng-p2psip-snmp-00

peng.yonglin@zte.com.cn Mon, 08 November 2010 09:32 UTC

To: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
From: peng.yonglin@zte.com.cn
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:25:49 +0800
Cc: p2psip@ietf.org, p2psip-bounces@ietf.org
Subject: [P2PSIP] 答复: Comments on draft-peng-p2psip-snmp-00

(1) This draft introduces a network management method and system.
Diagnostic functions may be included in network management functions, but
it also may not belong to the network management functions. Because
diagnostic functions is mainly provided for network software maintainer,
but not network operator. Diagnostic method may be looked as a tool, but
network management method shold be looked as a system. Of course, their
implement methods are different.

(2) Only if a network needs to be managed, management devices will be
deployed by administrator. And managed peers trust management devices by
some security methods of SNMP.

Peng Yonglin.

Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
发件人:  p2psip-bounces@ietf.org
2010-11-07 05:29

收件人
p2psip@ietf.org
抄送

主题
[P2PSIP] Comments on draft-peng-p2psip-snmp-00

I've just read this document and I've got some comments/questions:

(1) I'm not sure I understand the relationship to the diagnostics draft.
They seem to
occupy much of the same space in terms of use cases.

(2) The general concept of this draft seems to be that there is a set of
devices/peers
which are allowed to be management devices in the SNMP sense. Given the
relatively unstructured nature of the p2p network I wonder how much people
will really be willing to serve signnificant amounts of management
information
to random controller nodes.

-Ekr