Re: [P2PSIP] comments on using DHTs in wireless ad hoc networks

"Mosiuoa Tsietsi" <mosiuoat@gmail.com> Mon, 26 November 2007 13:09 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=PnGzwsjimQAZh7BM9hWCNWoxDHYwFX1PjuWEpH8EYc0=; b=FZJGOIwIZA3lO3BjjcIx3BYKtMfe86NF5mpZ/uKzvuNHu8wstnmEYdyPqVcXNpUigOBFz57mJJA9w4qQ+MTd0qSrj3kX2r/k+nmCbbfj47UKU3zwFD+N+RquOFI+jMkWDDDmnjsOQqupow8IG/TGR2seN2Bh7blUsNpSYLedJZw=
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:09:33 +0200
From: Mosiuoa Tsietsi <mosiuoat@gmail.com>
To: marcin.matuszewski@nokia.com
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] comments on using DHTs in wireless ad hoc networks
Cc: p2psip@ietf.org

Hi all,

At MP2P Pisa '06, Heer et al presented their ideas on adapting DHTs for
MANETs, by building a DHT over a MANET underlay.  I didn't get the paper,
but I do have a copy of the slides they presented, so I may have this
muddled up, but it seems like they based their design on the need to
compensate for the cost of redundancy and overlay maintenance, by allowing a
single MANET to host several smaller but merged DHT rings, the goal being to
establish as few DHT connections as possible per ring.  They seemed to
indicate that it's possible but there are difficulties in working with two
heterogeneous routing layers.

Mos