Re: [P2PSIP] [OPSAWG] An SNMP Usage for RELOAD

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Thu, 27 October 2011 11:48 UTC

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:48:43 +0200
thread-topic: [OPSAWG] An SNMP Usage for RELOAD
thread-index: AcyUmh9ppjV7Slo1SnCWRRnwN2xWKgAA6J8w
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: "t.petch" <ietfc@btconnect.com>, peng.yonglin@zte.com.cn
Cc: hao.zhenwu@zte.com.cn, opsawg@ietf.org, p2psip@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] [OPSAWG] An SNMP Usage for RELOAD

Just to make sharper the statements made by Tom. In the SNMP architecture in order for two entities to exchange management information we have a protocol (basic primitives to fetch pieces of information, set values of pieces of information or send notifications related to the pieces of information) and a data model (e.g. MIB model) expressed in a Data Modeling Language (e.g. SMI). The proposed text talks about the protocol (SNMP) but not about the information exchanged (data model). This is of little help.

Dan