Re: [Pals] What should we do with draft-jiang-pwe3-mc-pon

Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com> Mon, 16 March 2015 02:40 UTC

From: Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com>
To: "stbryant@cisco.com" <stbryant@cisco.com>, "pals@ietf.org" <pals@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 02:40:10 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.102.74]
Cc: "draft-jiang-pwe3-mc-pon@tools.ietf.org" <draft-jiang-pwe3-mc-pon@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Pals] What should we do with draft-jiang-pwe3-mc-pon

Hi Stewart,

If there are practical scenarios for multivendor-PON protection, it would be beneficial to progress it as a new application of ICCP.
Since the code-points to be assigned are in the ranges of Expert Review or FCFS in the ICC RG parameter registry, I think it indicates the PALS WG - informational stream is appropriate.

Thanks,
Mingui