Re: [paws] XML schema versus JSON, vCard & iCal

Don Joslyn <d.joslyn@spectrumbridge.com> Mon, 27 August 2012 15:17 UTC

From: Don Joslyn <d.joslyn@spectrumbridge.com>
To: "Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz>, "basavaraj.patil@nokia.com" <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:17:40 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "paws@ietf.org" <paws@ietf.org>, "Peter.McCann@huawei.com" <Peter.McCann@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [paws] XML schema versus JSON, vCard & iCal

So if you use JSON for LoST, are you really supporting the LoST standard as it's currently written?

Is there any chance that PAWS could use an existing LoST server? Does one exist? If one does not exist, then I'm assuming that someone would need to implement a LoST server for use by PAWS devices, correct? Would it then make sense to implement it with JSON, even though the standard as written uses XML?

Maybe somebody should take a look at the XML messages described in the LoST protocol, to determine how easy it will or will not be to convert them to JSON.

Maybe we should just forget about using LoST, and go with the only discovery proposal that has been formally submitted to PAWS?

Don