Re: [paws] XML schema versus JSON, vCard & iCal

<Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com> Mon, 27 August 2012 14:35 UTC

From: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
To: Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:34:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [72.64.105.77]
Cc: paws@ietf.org, Peter.McCann@huawei.com
Subject: Re: [paws] XML schema versus JSON, vCard & iCal

Agree.

-Raj

From: "<ext Rosen>", "Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz<mailto:Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz>" <Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz<mailto:Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz>>
Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 9:30 AM
To: Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com<mailto:basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>>
Cc: "d.joslyn@spectrumbridge.com<mailto:d.joslyn@spectrumbridge.com>" <d.joslyn@spectrumbridge.com<mailto:d.joslyn@spectrumbridge.com>>, "Peter.McCann@huawei.com<mailto:Peter.McCann@huawei.com>" <Peter.McCann@huawei.com<mailto:Peter.McCann@huawei.com>>, Gabor Bajko <gabor.bajko@nokia.com<mailto:gabor.bajko@nokia.com>>, "paws@ietf.org<mailto:paws@ietf.org>" <paws@ietf.org<mailto:paws@ietf.org>>

<as individual>
You are correct, there is no consensus on discovery.

However, this is the argument I am strongly against - we choose JSON, and then reject LoST because it's not defined with a JSON transport.

I'm against the other side also - we can't have JSON because LoST is XML.  These are independent decisions.  It's possible to do a JSON encoding of LoST.

Brian