Re: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rtp-aptx-01.txt

"John Lindsay" <Lindsay@worldcastsystems.com> Tue, 24 September 2013 17:06 UTC

Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:06:06 +0100
From: John Lindsay <Lindsay@worldcastsystems.com>
To: payload@ietf.org
Cc: Foerster@worldcastsystems.com
Subject: Re: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rtp-aptx-01.txt

Hi Harald

Thanks for reviewing this and the points raised.

To increase clarity we can change the statement in section 3

From

Standard apt-X and Enhanced apt-X are proprietary audio coding

   algorithms, licensed by CSR plc and widely deployed in a variety of

   audio processing equipment.

Standard apt-X and Enhanced apt-X are proprietary audio coding

   algorithms, which can be licensed from CSR plc and are widely

  deployed in a variety of audio processing equipment.

Section 3 of the doc provides an overview of the codecs operation. The
aim of the draft is how to packetize Standard or Enhanced apt-X over RTP
not to explain the operation of the codec. Further details are likely to
be proprietary to CSR and interested parties would need to talk to CSR
directly about obtaining licenses and setting up NDA's etc for further
information.

Regards

John