Re: [payload] Proposed changes to draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-11

"Roni Even (A)" <roni.even@huawei.com> Mon, 10 December 2018 10:11 UTC

From: "Roni Even (A)" <roni.even@huawei.com>
To: Giridhar Mandyam <mandyam@qti.qualcomm.com>, Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
CC: "Ali C. Begen" <ali.begen@networked.media>, "Mo Zanaty (mzanaty)" <mzanaty@cisco.com>, Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>, "payload@ietf.org" <payload@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:11:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.200.202.156]
Subject: Re: [payload] Proposed changes to draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-11

Hi,
In the -12 version why did you refer to the individual draft and not to https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-rid-09

Roni Even

-----Original Message-----
From: Giridhar Mandyam [mailto:mandyam@qti.qualcomm.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:03 PM
To: Roni Even (A); Magnus Westerlund
Cc: Ali C. Begen; Mo Zanaty (mzanaty); Ben Campbell; payload@ietf.org

Sorry - sent out too soon.

The last change should have read:

"The RTP Stream Identifier Source Description [I.-D.ietf-avtext-rid] is a format that can be used to identify a single RTP source stream along with an associated repair stream.  However, this specification already defines a method of source and repair stream identification that can enable protection of multiple source streams with a single repair stream.  Therefore the RTP Stream Idenfifer Source Description SHOULD NOT be used for the Flexible FEC payload format."