Re: [payload] draft-rea-payload-rtp-aptx-01

"Derrick Rea" <Rea@worldcastsystems.com> Tue, 31 January 2012 10:02 UTC

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:02:19 -0000
From: Derrick Rea <Rea@worldcastsystems.com>
To: payload@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [payload] draft-rea-payload-rtp-aptx-01

Robert,

Thanks for reviewing draft-rea-payload-rtp-aptx-01 against your current
implementation of Standard apt-X and Enhanced apt-X over IP.

Yes there has been some media type/SDP definition changes in the latest
draft. The differences between this draft and the
draft-trainor-avt-rtp-aptx are not significant however. A default ptime
of 4ms is now recommended and the "ip-aux" definition has changed to
"out-of-bound-aux". There are a greater number of changes when compared
to draft-gmassey-avt-aptx but hopefully if your products are based on
this implementation the changes will not require a huge amount of work.

We've like to move this version of the aptx/e-aptx over RTP internet
draft along the standards track as quickly as possible. The next
milestones are for the document to become a Working Group document and
go to Working Group Last Call. With more review, I hope this will happen
soon. I know that there are a lot of manufacturers, like ourselves, who
want to see this draft progress so they can implement to a defined
standard and not one that is continually shifting.

Regards,

Derrick Rea