[Pce] Mahesh Jethanandani's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-23: (with COMMENT)

Mahesh Jethanandani via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 02 April 2024 23:19 UTC

From: Mahesh Jethanandani via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6@ietf.org, pce-chairs@ietf.org, pce@ietf.org, hariharan.ietf@gmail.com, hari@netflix.com
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 16:19:39 -0700
Subject: [Pce] Mahesh Jethanandani's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-23: (with COMMENT)

Mahesh Jethanandani has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-23: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6/

COMMENT:

Thanks for working on this document. I am not an expert in PCEP and its related
drafts, but as I understand it, this document is defining an extension for SRv6
and not SR-MPLS. Therefore, I am confused by this long paragraph in the
Introduction section that delves into how SR-MPLS works. To quote:

   [RFC8231] specifies extensions to PCEP that allow a stateful PCE to
   compute and recommend network paths in compliance with [RFC4657] and
   defines objects and TLVs for MPLS-TE LSPs.  Stateful PCEP extensions
   provide synchronization of LSP state between a PCC and a PCE or
   between a pair of PCEs, delegation of LSP control, reporting of LSP
   state from a PCC to a PCE, controlling the setup and path routing of
   an LSP from a PCE to a PCC.  Stateful PCEP extensions are intended
   for an operational model in which LSPs are configured on the PCC, and
   control over them is delegated to the PCE.

If there is something this paragraph conveys applies to SRv6, it is not
apparent in the next paragraph. In anything, the next paragraph on how this
would work in SRv6 was clear in itself, without needing this paragraph.