Re: [Pce] Request WG Adoption of draft-zhao-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures

<julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com> Thu, 07 January 2010 13:57 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:57:11 +0100
From: julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com
To: qzhao@huawei.com
Cc: pce@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Pce] Request WG Adoption of draft-zhao-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures

Hi Quintin.

It is a significant step that authors of both drafts agreed on working
on a single document and we congratulate all of you for that.

During IETF 76, you also mentioned "Lots of work and analysis ahead" and
a need to "continue to review requirements and select the technique that
best meets the requirements". Indeed, the current version of the
document looks more like a solution list than an actual merge of former
proposals. Considering the complexity induced by an inter-domain P2MP
extension, we would appreciate before taking any decision that you
elaborate on the way you intend to move forward towards a common
solution.

Thanks

Julien

________________________________

From: Quintin Zhao [mailto:qzhao@huawei.com]

Hi Co-Chairs and PCE WG,

Different parties have been working on solutions for computing P2MP
paths across multi-domain networks. At IETF 75 we were requested by JP,
to formulate a plan and resolve any issues in order to move the work
forward. After calls and emails between draft-ali-pce-brpc-p2mp-ext and
draft-zhao-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedure authors, we felt there
was concurrence to merge the solutions and work together on a unified
solution. At IETF 76 we presented our initial/combined PCE-based
Shortest Constrained P2MP Inter-domain TE-LSP solution
(draft-zhao-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures-02).

We would like to know if the co-chairs and WG would be in favor of the
document becoming a WG draft?

Regards,

Quintin

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.