Re: [Pce] Request WG Adoption of draft-zhao-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures

Quintin Zhao <qzhao@huawei.com> Thu, 21 January 2010 20:12 UTC

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:12:34 -0500
From: Quintin Zhao <qzhao@huawei.com>
To: julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com
Cc: pce@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Pce] Request WG Adoption of draft-zhao-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures

Julien,

The authors of draft-zhao-pce-pcep-inter-domain-p2mp-procedures have
discussed (thanks to co-authors for comments!) the strategy for the work and
our plan is as follows:

1. Review the requirements. Our operator co-authors are very useful for
having these discussions, but we would like feedback from the WG as well;

2. Create a single hybrid solution. We feel we can create a good solution
that utilizes the strengths of BRPC and Core Tree technologies;

3. Continue to compare requirements against selected solution and modify as
necessary;

5. Implement and complete!

Our purpose is to converge on a single solution. We do not think multiple
inter-domain P2MP solutions are wanted or necessary. We agree that we have a
lot of time ahead of us in developing our solution. We have already received
comments from the WG and we would like more feedback.

Thank you!
Quintin