Re: [Pce] stateful-HPCE

"weiw" <weiw@bupt.edu.cn> Mon, 22 August 2016 07:39 UTC

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:39:36 +0800
From: weiw <weiw@bupt.edu.cn>
To: leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>, "pce@ietf.org" <pce@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Pce] stateful-HPCE

Hi Young,

Happy to see that we have the same point on my first question.

Regarding to the second question , I think I need to express it more clearly.

In the beginning of section 3.3, the draft provides the initiation operations for the case of inter-domain LSP in HPCE architecture. The main idea of E2E path computation is as per Steps 4 to 10 of section 4.6.2 of [RFC6805], where C-PCEs are responsible for intra-domain path computation, and P-PCE is correlating all the responses from C-PCEs and stitching them with the inter-domain links together as one inter-domain path.
After getting the required inter-domain path, the P-PCE starts the inter-domain LSP initiation operations, and the detailed procedures are as per step 2 to 7 of section 3.3 of this draft. The main idea is P-PCE send the PCInitiate message to the Ingress C-PCE, and then the C-PCE propergates it to the Ingress LSP(PCC).
After receiving the PCInitiate message, the Ingress LSR needs to set up the LSP hop by hop in dataplane via LDP (RSVP or someone else). To do such operations, I guess the Ingress PCC MUST know the detailed Hop information of the whole inter-domain path.

In the HPCE architecture without any abstraction, these procedures make sense because the P-PCE can get the detailed hop informaition from each C-PCE, and send it via PCInitiate message to the Ingress LSP.
While, if there exists abstraction (like the border nodes level abstraction) between P-PCE and C-PCE, the P-PCE may get only abstracted path information from each C-PCE. Following the procedures mentioned above, the P-PCE will send the abstracted path information to the Ingress C-PCE, and then to the Ingress LSR. Even though C-PCE has the ability to translate the abstracted path information to C-PCE(PNC) level, the Ingress LSR still cannot get the overall Hop information, because it receives the PCInitiate message via ONLY Ingress C-PCE(without help of any other C-PCEs).

So I think the proceduress described in the beginning of section 3.3 are not applicable for the HPCE architecture where abstraction exists.

Section 3.1.1 describes a different mode named "Per Domain Stitched LSP", and I think this mode is better for HPCE architecture.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Wei Wang